Gain a deep understanding of the User Experience process used to create professional products.
Hello and welcome to “User Experience – Applied Research and Design”. I put together this course because I know there are a lot of workers out there who’ve never done UX, but would like to learn the profession. At the same time, the demand for well trained UX researchers and designers continues to grow. Often times, a lot of aspiring UX professionals or even the companies that wish to employ such professionals, don’t truly understand what’s involved. UX is more than nice graphics! UX is about creating products that are easy to use and please the user. UX is about understanding user needs and how the product can meet their needs. It is about how the users interact with information and how they navigate the design. This course aims to reveal the extent of the UX process, and to provide a comprehensive resource which practitioners can use as a model when undertaking their own UX projects.
Becoming a UX professional is easier for some, then for others. Individuals with experience related to social science research or technology may have a big advantage. Anyone with a background in web development, software development, graphic design, research, psychology, engineering or business analysis: is especially well suited. My goal was to create a course that would offer a fast, but comprehensive overview of the UX research and design process.
The first part of the course starts out with an introduction to UX, but quickly ramps up to to present the intermediate and advanced process behind UX. You will gain an understanding of what is involved in UX research and UX design. You will learn how to conduct interviews, evaluate products, and analyze products using principles of design. You will also learn about the creation of prototypes of low fidelity, medium fidelity and at high fidelity. The second part of the course showcases a lengthy and significant UX design project where learners are able to see the type of analysis, research and process required in an applied UX project. The entire process from initial concept through to finished prototype will be demonstrated. You will gain access to professional resources in the form of research reports. The reports can be used as a guide or template for your own UX project development. By reviewing five different phases of a UX project, you will learn what reports/deliverables are expected as part of a major product design endeavour.
What you’ll learn
- learn what the tasks and responsibilities of a UX designer are
- learn about the UX research process
- learn how to conduct professional research for a UX project
- learn skills relating to the design of interactive systems
- learn skills relating to user interaction
- learn to explain the iterative nature of the design process
- learn to explain how designers approach complex problems
- learn research methods for understanding user needs (interviews, observation, affinity walls, ..)
- use research data to architect information effectively
- understand how UX researchers find and evaluate user needs
- understand how UX researchers assess possible designs
- understand how UX designers use sketching and prototyping to develop design concept
- show to design systems that work for users by evaluating systems with users
- how to design and conduct a “user needs” study
- how to conduct “user testing” session
- show to report your “user testing” results
- how to design, conduct, assess “usability tests”how to create reports for “usability tests”
- learn how to assess designs using visual design principles
- learn why ideation and sketching is important
- analyze personas, scenarios and storyboards
- analyze wireframes, prototypes, user interviews, affinity diagrams, usability tests, surveys and questionnaires used in a UX project
Who is this course for:
- anyone interested in becoming a UX researcher/designer
- anyone who wants to learn the UX process
- anyone who needs to explain the UX process
- job seekers who wish to pass interviews in UX
- for designers who want to progress into a senior role
- designers – graphic designers, UX/UI designers or web designers
- developers – software developers or web developers
- beneficial to individuals with graphic design skills
- beneficial to individuals with web design skills
- beneficial to individuals who wish to build interactive systems and products
Course Introduction Video
Click below to take this free UX course on Udemy!
Click below to go to our private course database!
perfect course, straight to the point, and very educative. I love how the course taught UX design and applied that knowledge to create a project.
The course is very informative, and detailed, explaining every single step in user research! every question that you need to ask, and everything that you need to examine. This course is really above the expectation, especially for a free one! WOW ! thank you!
A very informative course would recommend my colleagues or UX enthusiasts to take over. Really liked the project phase.
As a beginner in this field, this is providing me the necessary basic framework to work upon the learning, yet hasn't overwhelmed me with a lot of information. This is gooing good so far.
Just a perfect course. It's free but worth 100$. It was seriously to the point, prefect, in depth...... Just amazing. Thank you!
this course is great, the explanation is understandable and clear, i can understand clearly what the lecturer said
That was an amazing course! Thank you for the detailed examples, overviews and summaries! Highly recommand this course for everybody who wants to have a allround-intro to the UX process. Thanks again! I learned and refresehd a lot.
Highly recommended this course. One of the best course of UX research. Thanks a lot...:)
Interesting course, especially considering the examples shared for each phase.
Great deep brief details on UX Research process. I like the content with clear explanation.
Click below to go back to the home page!